Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ward 2 City Council Official

Well everyone, it has been quite a ride but I wanted to let the voters know that the official results are in for the Ward 2 Pullman City Council race. Mr. Sorenson has 270 votes, and Nathan Weller has 279 votes. At this point I feel humbled by the show of support from all of the voters, regardless of who they voted for. I also feel very thankful for the help my family and friends have given me. Also, this is official, but I believe that Mr. Sorenson will ask for a recount and if this occurs the Auditor office has said it will happen on the 5th of December and should not take very long. Everything has not quite sunk in yet, and perhaps it won't until the recount is complete, which will be 2 days before my birthday, December 7th (Pearl Harbor Day). Until then...

2 comments:

April E. Coggins said...

Congrats Nathan. You worked hard for the position. Hopefully, your first vote will be against the licensing of Pullman businesses and your second vote will be against licensing apartments and housing rentals. Both ideas are not workable on our scale. And both smack of regulation for regulations sake. There is no way and no money to enforce the proposed regulations. Let the state licensing work and let the landlord-tenant act work. The City of Pullman can not afford to oversee the state and federal goverment regulations.

Bruce Heimbigner said...

Congratulations Nathan. I think it is awesome that you've followed your heart and your head and persevered with your desire to serve your community and country. I wish you all the best. And uh… don’t take anything I might say here in the future too personally!!