Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Friday, November 02, 2007

From Ward 2 City Council Candidate Nathan Weller

Hi,

My name is Nathan Weller and I am running for City Council, Ward 2. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my political philosophy to you. I believe in small government and I believe in a government that works – a government that works for the constituents, and with the constituents. I believe that government should build consensus rather than handing out ordinances.

What Pullman needs most is economic development – a robust economy will allow us to provide the infrastructure and the quality of life that people of Pullman deserve. To develop a robust economy, we need to attract new businesses that provide high paying jobs with good benefits. We can reduce the tax burden on the people by broadening our tax base.

This is an important election for Pullman. With the right leadership that will bring people together and attract businesses, Pullman could be a vibrant city while still being a great place to raise a family.

No comments: