Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Queen Christine's First Term Report Card


As graded by Dino Rossi:
At the end of each school term, my kids come home with their report cards ready for me and my wife to see just how they're progressing in each of their school subjects. These report cards got me thinking... what if we were to grade Christine Gregoire on what she's done since taking office?

In looking at the issues, I think you'll agree... she'd receive straight Fs for her failed policies. Christine Gregoire's policies have produced an alarming string of failures- and the effects are felt by all Washingtonians. These failures include:

  • Failure to get serious about providing property tax relief to hard-working homeowners.

  • Failure to address traffic congestion - something the 9.5 cent gas tax increase was supposed to improve.

  • Failure to practice fiscal discipline - spending has increased 32% ($8.2 billion) under Gregoire!

  • Failure to cut taxes- in fact Gregoire has raised taxes by $500 million (including a death tax).

  • Failure to reform our educational system. Washington's kids aren't properly prepared to compete in a competitive global economy.

  • Failure to keep our neighborhoods safe. Our state has granted early releases to more than 3,000 dangerous felons per year since Gregoire took office.


  • The bottom line is that Christine Gregoire has failed to set the right priorities for Washingtonians and their families and we need new leadership in Olympia. She has broken too many campaign promises and I'm here to say enough is enough!

    Will you join my campaign today in sending a message to the entrenched liberal special interests and Christine Gregoire by making an immediate donation of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or more? I am leading a campaign for change that says, "We can definitely do better!" I need your support today to communicate with voters across our state in our campaign for change.

    Washingtonians statewide are clearly excited about our campaign. In just a few short weeks, we've raised well over a half a million dollars. This money is a tremendous start, but is small compared to the millions of dollars the entrenched special interest groups will spend to keep Gregoire and her failed policies in office.

    That's why it is so important that we keep our fundraising momentum going. And this is why it is so important you follow this link today to make a contribution showing your support for change!

    Like any parent, if my kids came home with straight Fs on their report card, my wife and I would tell them a big change is needed. Christine Gregoire's failures are no different. Change in our state is needed and that's why I'm running for governor. Please follow this link to make a donation of whatever you can afford today to help me spread this message.

    Thank you,

    Dino Rossi

    P.S. Washingtonians deserve more than a governor who has failed them- we deserve better and I hope you will join me today in saying, we can definitely do better! Our campaign for change has been met with tremendous support- and I'm asking you to help us continue this momentum by making a contribution of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or more right away by following this link. Thanks for your support!

    No comments: