Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, November 01, 2007

CANDIDATE PROFILE: Darin Watkins

Just received the following e-mail from Darin Watkins, one of the candidates running to fill David Buri's seat in the Washington House. I'm posting it as promised. I've never met Darin, but I'm lokking forward to it.
Tom,

I am sending this out on rather short notice, but I wanted you to be among the first to be notified. My name is Darin Watkins, and I am announcing my candidacy for the 9th Legislative District in Washington.

I live on a small farm next to the town of Palouse, where my wife and I spend most of our time raising two great kids, grass hay, and a few horses and cattle. I make my living at WSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine. I currently serve on Whitman County’s Planning Commission, along with the Palouse School Board where we have made great strides in growing a vibrant educational community while retaining our agricultural heritage. I also serve as a volunteer firefighter. Prior to that, I spent 25-years as an investigative reporter working in every television market this state has to offer.

In the days ahead, I hope to speak with you in person. In the days ahead, I will be sending you additional information on who I am, and what my vision is for this region. Most importantly, I want to talk about the critical role I see in maintaining solid lines of communication between legislators, and the Precinct Committee Officers, the best connection there is to our constituents.

Feel free to call if you have any questions, and I look forward to meeting with you soon! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thanks!

Darin Watkins
Republican Candidate
9th Legislative District of Washington

No comments: