Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Speaking of Wal-Mart and Local Business...

Credible sources inform Palousitics that Moscow-Pullman Building Supply has closed the sale on 11 acres next to the proposed Wal-Mart location on Bishop Blvd. and the Pullman City Cemetery. (Do only big-box stores have unmarked non-Euro-American graves on their property? We'll see if there is the same furor from our local "guardians of serenity" over a local business locating adjacent to the cemetery). They are planning to build a store similar to the one in Moscow. This information as 95% credible.

The land between Jiffy Lube and Zeppoz across the street from the Wal-Mart location is no longer available, indicating that it may also have been sold.

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

I can't wait! My shop is located right there where everything is going to happen. :)

April E. Coggins said...

Paul: I'm excited too, though my store is a bit away from Bishop Blvd. For me, it's exciting to finally have it happen in Pullman. I get tired of reading about stores opening somewhere else.

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

April: which store is yours? I'm part-owner of N22 Nutrition, if you haven't gathered that information from my own blog.

Scotty said...

She is the owner of Pullman Honda... What I can't believe is that if PMB moves, then they will leave a dark store down town! Darn that WalMart and it killing our downtown... Oh wait, we don't have one. I wonder what PARD will say about this move.

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

Downtown? Isn't that the place that you'll miss if you blink while driving by?

Scotty said...

luckly, with all the stop lights and thick traffic, you are forced to sit down there for several minutes if you go at the correct times... but yeah, for the most part you're right.