Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Candidate Endorsements

There is one week to go until Primary Election Day in Washington. That means its time for endorsements.

This hasn't been easy. All of the candidates for county commissioner and state representative are well qualified, are good Republicans, and I consider many of them friends. But whoever wins has to fill the very big shoes of Les Wigen and Don Cox, two of the best legislators we have seen on the Palouse in a long time.

For Whitman County Commissioner, District 3:

Michael Largent

For State Representative, 9th Legislative District, Position 1:

Joe Schmick


As I have laid out in both of their candidate profiles, Mike and Joe personify the political positions we need most right now: a strong pro-growth attitude, belief in the free enterprise system and limited government, and a healthy respect for private property rights. Our county and our district would be well represented by these two.

This is no way should be considered as a slam on the other candidates. No matter who wins the primary, I will support them vigorously in the November general election.

1 comment:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

Thanks for the candidate profiles you've put up! They've helped me during my research as I prepare to send in my primary ballot. I'm especially encouraged by the information you've provided on Michael Largent and Joe Schmick, and I look forward to seeing what they can do for us.