Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yet Another Reason to Vote for I-933

PARD is against it!!!

I'll spare you all the usual leftist, environmentalist claptrap. You can read the release for yourself here.

Here's the part I like:

“It not only will spell disaster for the environment by giving free reign to corporate developers, it will be extremely costly to you and me, the average taxpaying residents of our state.” Estimates put the cost of administering the new bureaucracy needed to manage appeals to I-933 at over 300 million dollars, based on the effect a similar initiative has had on the State of Oregon.
You're kidding, right? The organization that has FORCED THE CITY OF PULLMAN TO SPEND OVER $20,000 IN TAXPAYER'S MONEY BECAUSE OF ITS OWN FRIVILOUS APPEAL is using the cost of appeals as a reason to oppose I-933? That's priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARD also states:
I-933 is opposed by scores of prominent civics groups throughout the state, including the League of Women Voters, American Federation of Teachers, the Audubon Society, the Sierra Club, the Nature Conservancy...
Yet even more reason to vote for I-933. Anything that has that rogue's gallery riled up is not only good, it has to be the best piece of legislation introduced since the Articles of Impeachment against Bill Clinton.

No comments: