Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fresh Voices

I had the honor of speaking to the WSU College Republicans last night. I told them that when I started this blog, I was guided by three principles:

1. Tell it like it is. Use the facts and truth to cut through all the BS in local politics.
2. Deeds, not words. Anything that I advocated on the blog would be backed up by my personal activism. That is why I have been involved with BREO and the Whitman County Republican Party
3. It takes a village to annoy a liberal. Who wants to hear me rant all the time? I have always wanted Palousitics to be a community blog that reflects many different conservative/libertarian viewpoints.

In furtherance of #3, I have asked Paul Zimmerman to join Palousitics and share his very erudite commentary with us from time to time. I have also invited some of our WSU College Republicans to join us and share their perspectives as well.

There is a nasty lie being circulated by our local Rats that Whitman County Republicans/conservatives don't care about students and want to divide the community. Baloney! Students are an important part of our community and they represent our future. I commended them last night for being involved on the right side at such an early age. I'm ashamed to admit that when I was in college, I was a Young Democrat and my first Presidential vote was cast for (wasted on).....gulp....Walter Mondale.

Let's welcome them all!

3 comments:

Scotty said...

Tom?!?! Say it ain't so!!! Say someone else posted this in your name.

Well at least you saw the light. Welcome to the good side.

Actually, this is a great story. It provides me hope that some other Democrats will see the light.

Unknown said...

And yet strangely I consider myself a "Reagan Republican", even though I never voted for the man.

If it's any consolation, I voted for George Bush, Sr. and George W. Bush four times, as well as Bob Dole since then.

You have to remember, I was born in rural Virginia, where until about 25 years ago, Hitler could have run as a Democrat and gotten elected. After all, Lincoln was the first Republican president, and that brought back a lot of bad memories in my neck of the woods. Plus many poor farmers (which my grandparents were), rightly or wrongly, regarded FDR as a saint.

Scotty said...

We're lucky to have someone as vocal and involved as you in Pullman.