Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Farewell From Rep. David Buri


Just received the following e-mail from David Buri:
Dear Friends,

As many of you know, I will resign from my position as your legislator on November 1 to accept a job with Eastern Washington University.

I have always felt that while I was allowed to sit at the desk in the House chambers, it was never mine to keep. I am grateful for the experiences I’ve gained during my three years as a lawmaker. Serving the people of the 9th Legislative District has been both an honor and privilege. I worked hard to be a legislator you could be proud of and rely on, and I deeply appreciate the trust and confidence you placed in me.

Leaving the Legislature was not an easy decision. Now that Becky and I are expecting our first child together in December, it has been a good time to reflect on where I would best serve my family and our great state. Colfax is my home and always will be. Ensuring a top-caliber higher education system for Washington students is a passion of mine. This is an excellent opportunity for me professionally and personally.

I have been so blessed to work for you as your state representative. We accomplished a lot together, and I thank you for this incredible experience.

My best wishes to you all.

David
Hope to see you around, Dave. You were a good legislator and remain a class-act. Thanks for your service.

No comments: