Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No Pullman Plastic Bag Tax Petition Locations


A hardcopy version of the Pullman Consumers for Choice petition asking the Pullman City Council to reject the proposed 20 cents per plastic bag tax is available to sign at the following retailers *UPDATED 8/22 to add Dissmores IGA* :

N22 Nutrition
588 SE Bishop Blvd (Edison Center)
Suite G
Pullman, WA 99163
(N22 Nutrition owner Brian Edwards is a bright, hard-working young entrepreneur. Pullman needs a 100 more like him.)

Radio Shack
588 SE Bishop Blvd (Edison Center)
Suite F
Pullman, WA 99163

Dissmores Hometown Proud IGA
1205 N. Grand Ave.
Pullman, WA 99163

This list will be edited as more locations are added.

Please stop by, sign the petition, and support our local merchants.

5 comments:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

We're in on that one? Cool! Brian didn't tell me about it. The bag tax is definitely an idea that we're not the least bit in favor of.

The Golfing Librarian said...

Pullman is my hometown, and even though I no longer live in Pullman I still care deeply for about it. I read/lurk this blog everyday and am contantly reminded of the number of "loons" this town posesses. This bag tax is nothing more than idiocy run amuk. I sure hope none of my former classmates are behind this :)

April E. Coggins said...

Hi Chuck,
Which PHS class did you graduate from? Or, do I know you?

Anyway, no, the people behind this tax are imported WSU profs. Some sort of memo went out to the Maoists and now they all want to ban plastic bags. It's just another saga in a town that is dominated by WSU.

Glad to see you still support the Cougs. Once a Coug, always a Coug!
I am so looking forward to Saturday's season opener. We shall know more soon, eh?

The Golfing Librarian said...

April,
PHS '80. You may know 2 of my civic minded classmates -- Devon Felsted and Al Sorensen.

April E. Coggins said...

I was class of 1979. Yes, I do know Al and Devon.