Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mmmmm, Malthusianism. Tastes Like the Easter Bunny


Lenna Harding's environmentalist wacko ramblings grow more bizarre with each new column.

Here are some quotes from her latest one in today's Moscow-Pullman Daily News:

At what point is population growth no longer sustainable? Why are we so concerned with defining the family as a couple with children? Instead, should we not be applauding those who choose not to bear children?
Democrats: The party of "No Family" values.

We need to rethink our diet and look to better sources of protein than beef. I like beef and am not advocating abolishing it as a food source. I merely suggest that chicken and rabbits might be more resource-efficient sources. Sheep and goats also should be more in the mix.
Why not Soylent Green? Then we could kill two birds with one stone (so to speak.)

Who can take these people seriously?

6 comments:

Satanic Mechanic said...

I was always told that you can starve to death if you just ate rabbit. Rabbit meat is missing some protein(s) or something that we cannot derive nutrition from. I am sure there are butchers or biologists out there who know what is missing.

Unknown said...

I love progressives. Their version of progress is turning mankind back into Neanderthal hunter-gatherers.

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

I love the progressive celebration of deliberately childless people.

It's something they themselves can easily accomplish (well, based on looks, some more easily than others), and it ensures that their genes exit the pool. Now that's progress!

Dave Gibney said...

Rabbit doesn't have enough fat in it to live on exclusively. But an occasional chicken, sheep or goat and cover that :)

Unknown said...

Hi Dave! Thanks for stopping by again.

I saw you at Dissmores a couple of weeks and thought about stopping by and introducing myself, but I had to run.

If I see you at the Lentil Festival, I'll give you a shout.

Michael said...

She's behind the curve. Everybody knows that you can harvest more biomass per acre by eating insects.