Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Friday, December 07, 2007

"Silent majority speaks out"

Thanks Lauri Sue! I'm keeping a record of all the comments for my own personal amusement. I plan to pull them out and use them after the Wal-Mart is built and Armageddon passes.

For example, there is yet another comment on the Daily News website from an anonymous Wal-Mart hater that reads:
If you are going to act uncivil it should actually be over something that matters. Some one tell me why whether or not we have a NEW Super Walmart will matter all that much, that any part of this is issue is worth this level of uncivility.
"Something that matters?" This in response to a column in which Lupke basically admits he's been obsessed with Wal-Mart for the past three years because he thinks it is destroying the world? "Uncivility?" The PARDners have defined it, and their comments aimed at me and others prove it.

And another:
What arrogance to assign mean or insulting labels to people you don't even know. Stick to the issues, and quit libeling others out of your own spite.
Indeed! *LOL*

From today's Moscow-Pullman Daily News:
I publicly would like to thank Tom Forbes for advocating for our Pullman Wal-Mart Supercenter. The recent letters to the editor from the owner of Pullman Radio Shack and Tom Forbes are prime examples of why the silent majority of Pullman residents stay silent. The responses to those letters on the Daily News Web site have been brutal.

I am one of the "poor ignorant slobs" (quote: from "Guest" posted on the Daily News Web site at 10:41 a.m. Nov. 28). I am also a lowly staff member at Washington State University (not recognized by "Christopher Lupke" as part of the hard-working WSU community, quote: "WSU is a great university, not an elite, exclusive country club. It is a place filled with hard-working teachers, researchers, students, and administrators," posted to Daily News Web site at 7:26 p.m., Nov, 29).

I look forward to not having to go to Moscow to shop. I look forward to not paying Idaho sales tax on my food (last shopping trip to Winco cost us an additional $10.41 in sales tax). I look forward to being able to buy affordable groceries in my own community, tax free. I know that is not much to some, but it adds up for us when trying to make ends meet, as does the high cost of gas and the increase in utilities. There are many other reasons I welcome Wal-Mart but listing them would be redundant.

In closing, I am sure the anti-Wal-Mart minority will be glad to hear that after I take my inevitable beating on the Daily News Web site, I will be rejoining the silent majority.

Lauri-Sue Torkelson, Pullman
Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Marathon Pundit said...

I'd be interested in those who claim you're "libeling" providing evidence.

Just like the words "facist" and "imperialist," idiots take the meanings of words out of context, to a point where they mean nothing.