Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Friday, December 14, 2007

The PARD of Avon


Lu Laoshi's China-sized ego has attracted the attention of some wags at the Daily News website.

First, Lupke posted this comment:
If you google my name and the former propaganda minister for Sadam Hussein, an enemy of the state in the US, you will see Forbes' website come up. Thanks a lot Tom. People in China and other places who don't know me but may wish to find out more about me are somewhat confused by your "unconventional" form of humor. Maybe this is something to be proud of, but, frankly, I don't see how.
To which someone responded:
I just can't shake the image of a professor like yourself so self absorbed as to think there are untold thousands of Chinese souls googling your name during their five minute break from the subpar product factory in order to learn more about you.
In yet another comment, Chris really goes over the top:
I'm only going to make one response to Tom Forbes and that will be it. Gentle reader, please do not interpret my further silence as tacit acceptance of the specious reasoning that he or others in his gang post to his site.
This pompous Shakespearean rhetoric inspired the funniest monologue I've read in a while:
Alas poor Lupke, I google myself, Horatio.

Let us not be agitated over these unwashed philistines, be they Tom Forbes or his associates.

They merely pine for our golden fruit of Ph.D.ness, clearly not even approaching the lofty heights of our intellectual majesty.

Townies I say begone! Fly, fly away, for thee do not know what throbbing exaggeration of self-worth thou face!
Thanks "Right wing professor!" Dr. Forbes and I haven't stopped laughing yet!! Lord, what fools these PARDners be.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

The Lupke doth protest too much!

Satanic Mechanic said...

The snob visits the site but still does not answer my question about the Taiwan issue. Lazy bastard. All because I am a lowly grad, he will not acknowledge my question. I wonder if he is this way in the classroom?