Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, November 30, 2006

natnow?

For those of you Adelphia High Speed Internet users out there (like myself), today's lengthy outage was obviously to switch over servers.

Your IP address now resolves to "natnow.res.rr.com" versus "losaca.adelphia.net".

"rr" stands for Roadrunner, Time Warner's (the company that took over Adelphia) Internet service. I just can't figure out the natnow part.

In any case, nice of them to let us know in advance our Internet service would be down all day. Why not do the switch in the middle of the night?

2 comments:

April E. Coggins said...

Natnow means NOT NOW. As in, don't bother visiting this site today. Page loads have been painfully slow. I am grateful to know that it's not my connection.

Ray Lindquist said...

Can't do it at night, thats when I am on.... LOL