Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Salute to Scotty

Palousitics contributor and The PES co-host Scotty had a great letter published in today's Moscow-Pullman Daily News. We are blessed to have a professional group of firefighters protecting us here in Pullman. Support them all you can.
A rewarding community service

I have been a Pullman fire reservist since 1999. It has been a great experience to serve the greater Pullman community. I have participated in community service events and helped people in their time of need. It is one of the greatest jobs anyone can have.

I have a hard time calling it a job. It is more of a passion – a labor of love. I work full-time as a computer programmer and fulfill my duties of being a reserve firefighter in the evenings.

The Web site – www.pullman-wa.gov/FireReserves – has more information about being a reserve firefighter. It also has a large number of photos from training classes held during the recruit academy.

I am writing this letter because the Pullman Fire Department is accepting applications until Monday for being a reserve firefighter. To anyone looking for a way to help his community, I strongly suggest checking into the Pullman Fire Reserves.

Scotty Anderson, Colfax
You can read about some of the fun the PFD has planned for the next few days here.

I would also like to personally acknowledge Scotty's generous contribution towards my trip to the Wal-Mart Media Conference. Thanks, my friend!

No comments: