Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Day 1 is Over

Well, Day 1 is over. It was long, I haven't had much sleep, so I'm going to bed. All in all, it exceeded my expectations. I learned a lot. Meeting Lee Scott was a thrill. I have been mentioning Pullman and our struggle to land a Supercenter to every Wal-Mart executive I met today (and there were many.) They won't forget us anytime soon.

Of the seventy reporters here from the Mainstream Media (ABC, CBS, CNBC, Sixty Minutes, AP, Reuters, CNN/Money, US News & World Report, etc., etc.) there is one other blogger, Rob Port, of Say Anything.

Rob has a good story with some pictures of the outside of the Wal-Mart home office (I hope to have some more pictures up soon), as well as a piece about the little UFCW counter-media event (I missed it, darn it).

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

April E. Coggins said...

Great job, Tom! We'll be looking forward to reading your blog tomorrow.

April

P.S. Can you please put in a good word for my son? He stocks shelves for Wal-Mart in Phoenix, AZ and he needs a week off in July so that he can visit his mom.

Victoria Dehlbom said...

Hey Tom, Can you put a good word for us to get a Sam's Club too? I really miss having one around and the rock!