Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Friday, January 13, 2006

Congratulations Pullman!

The crowd at Gladish Auditorium this morning for the Wal-Mart appeal hearing was between 100-150. Estimates have pro-Wal-Wart supporters outnumbering opponents by a 2-1 margin.

When will PARD finally get it? 9,641 signatures on some petition mean nothing. The Wal-Mart mail survey last year showed a 2-1 ratio of support, the City Council election was closer to 3-1 and now we have today. When you ask full-time PULLMAN residents, the numbers come out about the same everytime.

Pullman is lost. We're not worthy of your efforts. Go save Moscow now.

2 comments:

April E. Coggins said...

Yes, I have to say that I am very proud of Pullman. While I was walking in, there was an older gentleman who, when asked at the sign up sheet, if he cared to make any comments, said something like, "Hell yes! I want to say that no one can tell me where to shop and what stores can open in Pullman." It was at that point that I knew we would be okay. After I walked in and looked around at the audience, many local Pullman faces were in attendance. I didn't know everyone, but the ones I did know, the pro's far outnumbered the anti's. Thank you, Pullman!

Ray Lindquist said...

April, - I am not sure who the young gentleman was that spoke about being property owner that adjoins the Wal-Mart site but that was VERY moving. He told us that he was in construction trade and dealt with the City planning staff and had VERY high praise for them. I would have to say right-on-brother. Well maybe it was the older man that said in closing that “…instead of the trucks and bucks going to Moscow. That the BUCKS & Trucks need to start to stop in Pullman.” It was a GREAT day for Pullman.