Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Monday, September 03, 2007

Is John Edwards the Biggest Hypocrite Ever?

There are times when I think that John Edwards is exploring a new comedy genre rather than running for president. When he lectures on energy conservation or poverty, does he really think that we're so dumb that we won't notice the contradictions? If he thinks his future is in comedy, then he needs to have a look at Ted Kennedy, who has been working this standup act for more than 40 years and is still sweating away in the Senate.

W. Burt Prelutsky makes the case for the Breck Girl and assembles a few of his more egregious transgressions.

As I columnist myself, I understand word restrictions. But, I'm disappointed that Mr. Prelutsky couldn't find room for John Edwards Wal-Mart escapades, or how he enriched himself through subprime loans and hedge funds.

No comments: