Matt Wilkenson admitted that he made a poor decision, but he’d been drinking and messing around with friends and apparently lost some common sense..
“It's actually kind of my own stupid fault,” he told KGW.
Wilkenson said he’s always felt comfortable with his pet snakes and he thinks they could sense that.
“Their tails would be rattling you reach your hand in the cage and they're more scared of you than you are of them and they wouldn't strike,” he explained.
So when he was showing off his reptile relations with friends, he thought it would be fun to put the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake into his mouth and make them laugh.
However this test of fate was not laughable at all.
The rattlesnake latched onto the back of his throat and send venom surging into his body.
“Me being me, I put his head in my mouth,” Wilkenson recalled. “At first it felt like someone just gave me a shot in the mouth."
And within seconds, his tongue began to swell up, fill his mouth and cut off his airway
According to a strict interpretation of the rules, by surviving this idiot does not qualify for a Darwin Award. Maybe he could get an honorable mention.
And, does anybody doubt that he'd be covered by Hillarycare and that we'd all have to chip in to cover his medical bills?