Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Carolina Blue


Many of you may not know that I have close ties to North Carolina. I grew up in southwest Virginia, about a two hour drive away from Chapel Hill.

So it was with great dread that I heard that my brother and nephew back in Virginia had called while I was at work, wanting to place a large wager on the outcome of this evening's WSU-Carolina basketball game, with generous offers of points-spread in my favor. By the time I called my brother back, the game was over and I knew the intense grief that I was going to get.

In any case, thanks to the Cougs for a great season. Good luck Derrick and Kyle in the NBA or wherever you end up after Pullman. Thanks for the memories.

2 comments:

April E. Coggins said...

I'm a little unclear why this picture is featured. Was the score not enough?

Unknown said...

It kind of summed up my feelings at the moment.