Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Monday, February 12, 2007

Palouse Patriots


This is the first of what I hope to be a regular series. First up is SGT Jesse Falke, USMC, of Moscow. SGT Falke was January 2007 Soldier of the Month at Magnet America (the company that makes those little magnetic yellow ribbons):
"Despite the nation being divided on our purpose over here I wanted to thank all those who support us as individuals doing what we are doing. You as an American may not support the reason or the politics behind this war but if you are reading this then you do support your nations' Marines, Soldiers, Seamen and Airmen and for that I salute you. We all thank you for your support and pray that for our efforts here in Iraq and around the globe our children and our children's children will have a home, a nation free from the bonds of fear. A nation where every American is free to pursue his or her happiness is what I stand and fight for; it is why the hair on the back of my neck stands up every time I put my uniform on, every time I see our Nation's flag, and especially every time I hear 'The Star Spangled Banner.'

From farmers to corporate executives, from tax payers to dreaded tax-collectors, from the stay at home Mother to the local Barkeep, from the Policeman to the rowdy teenagers, we fight to preserve every American's way of life, every individual's pursuit of happiness. This Marine does it with Honor, Courage and Commitment to the American way of life and thanks God every day for true Americans like you that stand behind me and my Brothers in Arms."

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
Sergeant Jesse T. Falke
United States Marine Corps
Fallujah, Iraq
Ooorah, Devil Dog, and thank your for your service. May God safely return you home.

If you know someone serving (or that has served) our country that you would like to have included as a Palouse Patriot, please contact me at palousitics@adelphia.net.

1 comment:

Mr. C. said...

Tom,

It's an excellent idea running that series!

I wish the Daily News would do something like that to give recognition to our local military personnel serving overseas.

Unfortunately, we only seem to hear about them when they are injured or killed :(

best,
Dale