Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekday Show - Live Blogging Part 1

As the show gets underway, some observations on my fellow guests:

In November 2004, while reading a story about the Washington gubernatorial recounts in the online version of the Seattle Times, I clicked on a link that took me to the Sound Politics blog. Prior to this, I never really knew what a blog was. I got hooked, becoming a regular reader and sometime commenter over the next few months. In June 2005, after getting fed up with PARD, Gregoire's stolen victory, and the 9 1/2 cent gas tax hike, I started Palousitics. The rest is history. I generally agree with most of what is posted at Sound Politics, but the anti-Huckabee stance of some of the contributors (including Eric Earling) really did rub me the wrong way.

David Goldstein, universally known as "Goldy," is the Antichrist to Washington conservatives. Goldy, like me, became an inadvertent blogger and activist after starting an initiative to have Tim Eyman legally declared a "horse's ass.". His acerbic, aggressive, unrestrained, take no prisoners style has won him many enemies and critics (sounds familiar.) But he is undeniably effective. Also like me, Goldy is passionate and uses his blog, Horse's Ass, to advance the causes he believes in, particularly local issues.

No comments: