Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Friday, April 11, 2008

Maybe It is Just the Weather...

I am in a pretty good mood. It could be the weather. It could be that I am forgetting how swamped I am this week. Or it could be that softball season is getting underway and I am a big softball lover.

It could be that I installed Windows Home Server last night with multiple problems, but in the last couple hours things have been going swimmingly.

I just saw this in the paper and I thought it was another nice thing to post today, to go along with my last post...

I wanted to thank Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers for her efforts in obtaining a Washington state flag and sending it to me in Balad, Iraq. Many of the soldiers in the 234th Engineer Company display home state flags and I wanted to be able to display the Washington flag.

After contacting many offices at the state level without success, I contacted Cathy's congressional office.

I want to publicly thank her for her efforts in obtaining a flag and sending it to me here in Iraq.

It is the small things like this that make a difference when serving overseas.

Spc. Vernon L. White Jr., Balad, Iraq

1 comment:

Mattwi said...

I have contacted her on many issues and she has always returned the favor of contacting me right back. She even went out of her way to contact the FBI for me.