Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A New Cause For PARD

Berkeley needs fresh tree sitters. This should be a fine cause for the PARDners and they'd be among kindred spirits.

My favorite part of the story:
Protesters howled, flung excrement and shook tree branches as campus-hired arborists cut supply lines and removed gear.

But by late this week, campus police were conducting delicate negotiations with tree-sitters, offering to provide food and water if protesters would lower their waste on a daily basis in the interest of hygiene.

Campus officials ended up giving up the water without concessions; protesters declined to yield their urine.
I am not surprised to learn that liberals are expressing their inner chimpanzee.

1 comment:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

I'm a tree sitter!

I had an old growth evergreen cut down and turned into a chair, and now I sit on it!

Haven't flung poo lately though. I don't think I'll start either.