Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Whitman County GOP Caucus Report

There was a good turnout county-wide today for the GOP caucuses, even though there was a Cougar home basketball game at the same time.

I was very happy to see many news faces in the crowd today at Franklin Elementary, including many college students. I hope we can build on that momentum.

As you can imagine, quite a few of the students were Ron Paul supporters. They made an impact on the vote, as well as some of the resolutions that were voted on.

I'll have a more extensive report later.

For now, let's just say that Mike Huckabee has handily won Kansas and based on the vote results I saw, my prediction is that he will carry Pullman and rural Whitman County as well. Let's hope that trend holds for the whole state. Republicans are looking for a REAL conservative, and John McCain is not it.

NOW ON TO VICTORY!!!!!

No comments: