Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Say What?


NOTE: This is not MY shower. I have an underground sprinkler system and water my lawn 3-4 times a week during the summer. MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lois Blackburn said she keeps a bucket in her shower during the summer to recycle water for her garden.

"Should I go to all this trouble when the City Council is going to sell water?" she asked. "I know it's the same aquifer, but you're willing to sell water to an out-of-state, very, very wealthy developer from Boise."
- "Residents sound off on water sale," Moscow-Pullman Daily News, February 20, 2008

Uh, Lois, the last time I checked, Moscow and Boise were both in Idaho. And thanks for the bucket in the shower image. I'm still laughing about that one! I'm tellin' ya. You just can't make stuff like this up!

1 comment:

Satanic Mechanic said...

I wonder if Lois knows that she is killing her garden? I take it that she uses soap, unless she is a dirty hippy. Soapy water is not good for the soil. I know some soaps contain lye, salts, phosphorous, glycerols and potassium.
Could Lois be part of the problem by pouring untreated grey water onto the fertile grounds of the Palouse? I know UofI uses reclaimed water for the lawns but it is treated. I would hate to see the chemical analysis of Lois's vegetables after a season of her waterings.