Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Friday, February 22, 2008

Coming Soon on Stadium Way

There has been considerable speculation as to what is going in to the old Burger King restaurant on Stadium Way. The property has sat vacant for several years now. But it is currently undergoing renovation, with a "Coming Soon" sign on the outside. I had thought maybe Starbucks would be relocating there from next door, as their new strategy is to have drive-thrus.

I was wrong. Reliable sources inform me that it will be Mongolian BBQ. I'm not sure if it the same owner as the one at the Eastside Marketplace in Moscow.

3 comments:

Satanic Mechanic said...

I wish a White Castle would move to Pullman. They would do bang up business in a college town and be the first of the chain west of the Mississippi.
I'd settle for a Dunkin' Donuts with their great iced coffee.

April E. Coggins said...

Great! Right after my rice and stir-fry, I will go work out.

Unknown said...

Well, as that CLUE study found, Pullman is underretailed in every category except eating out. I guess the plethora of new exercise venues is in response to that.

The sad fact is that as long as PARD holds Pullman hostage, new retail stores here are in limbo.