Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, February 14, 2008

KUGR Interview

Does anyone here listen to WSU student-run radio station KUGR? Yesterday two young college girls interviewed me as part of their "man on the street" opinion piece. Strangely, they didn't have any equipment to make an audio recording. They barely took notes.

The synopsis of the question they put to me was, "How do you feel about the WSU golf course that will use up all of the water in our aquifer?"

I figured this was my opportunity to help them in their quest of a higher education. I proceeded to show them the size of the aquifers and the actual water usage of each entity. I then gave them my opinion that the reasons behind the fear mongering over water is the belief that golf is considered a wealthy white male's sport. If the golf course was a park or ball field, there would be no objections. The motivations of the anti-golf course people are simply an extention of their objections to corporate America in general. I also expressed my opinion that young college students were being used by their liberal professors to spread falsehoods and fear in the community and I feel that it is irresponsible to promote the idea that the Palouse is on the verge of running out of water. I asked them, who in the world would want to move to and invest in an area that will have no water in the very near future?

One of our employees told me after the interview that when the two KUGR "reporters" left our store that he overheard them complaining that I "just didn't understand" what they wanted me to say. So what I would like to know is does anyone listen to KUGR and if you do, can you please let me know if they actually use any of my opinion in any of their "reports?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Real world, meet pampered, sheltered and indoctrinated suburban teenagers. Pampered, sheltered and indoctrinated suburban teenagers, meet real world.