Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life in Hell, Part Two


14 inches of snow since last night on my previously freshly shoveled driveway...


...plus the foot we already had on the ground adds up to a whopping 26 inches of the white stuff.


My house on Paradise (soon to be renamed Glacier) Ridge.


Digging out Dr. Forbes. Nice of the WSU administration to wait until 10 AM to close. Needless to say, the Blizzard of 2008 has shut everything down in Pullman, including for the first time in many years, WSU and the Pullman School District. And the snow is still falling, with more on the way....


GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES EXTINCTION OF WAL-MART CHRISTMAS DEER!!!!!! Those greedy corporate bastards....

6 comments:

Satanic Mechanic said...

Tom,
I see a "Planet of the Apes" parody coming on... Tom finds the remmenants of his frozen Wal-Mart deer- "You maniacs! You froze it! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!"

I am not surprised by the lack of plowing Glacier Ridge. The plow truck would come down Arcadia a week after the first snowfall. By then the road was frozen and I could not drive up the hill. I use to drive down Arcadia, get on the bottom of Canyon View and go as fast as I can to go up Canyon View to Larry St.

April E. Coggins said...

Is that your chimney behind the deer?

Michael said...

Okay, I give up. I've got about an hour's worth of work left here then I'm pitching it in. The rest can wait until tomorrow. I just got an e-mail saying that they're going to lock the building down at 1:00PM.

Aside from the janitor, I'm the only person left at work today.

I feel like the last living cell in a dead body.

Unknown said...

SM, tell me about it. It's hard to see, but Dr. Forbes got caught in a snow drift on our unplowed street. The Honda had completely bottomed out.

April, the deer are actually in my front yard, and the chimney looking thing is actually our trash can sitting out on the curb.

April E. Coggins said...

Tom, I was kidding. Look on the bright side, now your kids will have stories to tell their kids about how bad winters were "back in the day."

3-6" forecasted for tonight. Today's storm was forecast to bring 7". ha-ha.

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

If only the ants would stop marching for the snow. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.

If you see a black Toyota Tacoma doing donuts down Pullman streets, that's me, and I won't be doing it on purpose. :(