Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Don't Think She is Racist

I don't think Hillary Clinton is racist and I would doubt anyone would honestly think that. But it is sure funny that the world of tolerance that she undoubtedly helped to shape is now up in arms with her about some comments she made.

It seems to me that the left calls the conservatives racist because we refuse to acknowledge race. We will argue it doesn't matter at all. That is racist to the left. One needs to acknowledge skin color, but not make a big deal about it. Because if you make a big deal about it, you are also racist.

So, it is okay to talk about having a black man run for president if you don't dwell on it. If you dwell on it too long, that is a bad sign. Also if you totally ignore it and only base your opinion on what the man says, they you are being racist.

No one on the left can see past race. Because they can't see past race, they don't believe that anyone else can see past race. Therefore our refusal to see race is just us being racist.

When I argue I want to hire the best man for the job, that is okay, as long as the "look" of my company is representative. George Bush has more minorities appointed into high level positions than Clinton ever did, but "Bush hates blacks" is a statement that is actually uttered by people.

Also, people are making a big deal about Obama and Clinton running for president. Clinton said something to the effect of "who could imagine when a woman and a [black] would run for United States President?" I am pretty sure we have had both in the past. Not that Earth shattering in my mind.

No comments: