Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Quote of the Day

A Wal-Mart or some other big box store would increase the value of port property.
- Reporter Stephanie Smith, in a story titled "Port holding on to property for now" aired on KLEW TV News, debunking yet another anti-Wal-Mart myth. Clarkston (a town with no major university or college) is enhancing its dominance of retail sales per capita in the Quad Cities by welcoming a Wal-Mart Supercenter across the street from Costco. The Port of Clarkston is preparing to reap the economic windfall.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Mattwi said...

Hmmm..

I live 20 minutes away from Pullman, 20 minutes from Moscow, & 20 minutes from Clarkston...

Sorry Pullman, sorry Moscow... I think I'll be spending my $$$ in the LC valley...


Fuel is cheaper in the LC Valley
Housing is cheaper in the LC Valley

Now if my employer had only built in the LC valley....