Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

End Game

Our long local nightmare may soon be over. I have confirmed that the final Wal-Mart appeal hearing will indeed be this Thursday, June 22, at 9 AM in the Whitman County Superior Court in Colfax. It is my understanding that the public may sit in the courtroom, but will not be allowed to speak.

This is fantastic news. Unconfirmed reports had the "heroes" of PARD attempting to delay the hearing to August or October because attorney David Bricklin was "involved with another case." Judge Frazier was willing to postpone it to July 10, but I guess that wasn't far enough in the future for PARD, so June 22 it is. I'm pleased the judge didn't fall for the game PARD tried to play and he obviously wants to see this matter resolved quickly.

The constant attempts at delay ought to give you a good idea of how PARD views its chances in court. Delay (and BS in the newspaper) is about all they have left.

Keep checking Palousitics Thursday for breaking coverage.

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Scotty said...

Maybe I will stop by the court for a while.

Uncle Bubba said...

I'm certainly going to try and make it if at all possible. Pard's presentation should be quite interesting.

WSUStretch said...

Thanks fo rthe update Tom - I'll definitely be watching on Thursday!