Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Not being on the radio this week...

Has made me feel like my rants are not being heard by the masses. So as a special sneak preview of next weeks show, I am going to let those in Palousitics-Land hear it first.

While in Arizona there were places called Whataburger. It is a hamburger place. It is sort of fun if you say their name with a New England accent. Anyway, I was very impresses when I saw this written in their window, proudly displayed for all to see: "One nation under God". I shall return to Whataburger when I see one!

Also, I was thinking about starting up a comprehensive list and allowing people call in and write in to add to it. This list will track all the ways the government has been specialty laws to target niche-problems and laws to protect us against ourselves.

1) Seat Belt Laws.
2) Helmet Laws.
3)... Please add things when you think of them. It think it would be crazy to have one show where all we do is read off a list of thousands of things the government does to protect us from ourselves.

3 comments:

WSUStretch said...

Most safety labeling has gotten out of hand - there are often great articles on the most outrageous "safety" labels

Ray Lindquist said...

Mandatory Auto Insurance.

April E. Coggins said...

Scotty,
I have a SEPA appeal document from the City of Moscow that objects to Whitman County abusing itself and further more, suggests that Whitman County should do a better job of protecting itself from Moscow.