Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Job Seeker Advice

We received this E-mail from a Job Seeker:
FROM: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
SENT: Wednesday, March 22, 2005 10:36 AM
TO: Jobs NU
SUBJECT:regarding a job
ATTACHMENTS: XXXXXXXXXXX.doc

hai
i saw ur ad in nwjobs.com
iam looking for a job in seattle.
i have attached my resume here with for ur referral.
looking forward for ur reply
thanks
XXXXXXXXXXXX

My company did not waste time with a reply at all. Do people actually believe an E-mail like that will get them anywhere?

I suggested we respond with the following:
sry, ur 2 1337

1 comment:

April E. Coggins said...

Scotty,
We get on-line "job applications" that are nothing but spam address harvesters. We had one last week that ignored every requirement of the job and at the end assured me that the application was not spam. THAT certainly assured me! lol