Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

At Least Al Gore III Breaks the Law Staying Green

The bad news is that Al Gore's son was busted for driving 100 mph and possession of dope. On the other hand, he was driving a Prius.

Al Gore Son Arrested: Police Find Illegal, Prescription Drugs In Car!
By Jack Ryan
Jul 4, 2007

Al Gore's son, Albert Gore III, has been arrested. Al Gore III was pulled over for speeding Wednesday morning when police discovered drugs in his car.

Al Gore III was pulled over for doing 100 mph when police discovered illegal drugs and several prescription drugs in the vehicle.


On the other hand, who knew that a Prius could go 100 mph?




2 comments:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

I wonder how much the fuel efficiency suffers at that speed?

Daniel F Schanze said...

Well, I use to have a Turbo VW... and it was rated at almost 30mpg. I am not going to tell you how fast I was going... (I'll tell you in person), but I will tell you that the gas gauge starts to move like the second hand on a clock. I was on racing fuel too... which meant it burns slower (better mpg).

I would imagine that prius was getting about 10mpg, because the batter was probably discharged fully by that time, thus not helping out with milage.. depending on how long he was bookin it.

Ahhh, the joys of speed.