Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Well Said Rudy

I will cast my vote next year for the presidential candidate who most honestly understands what's at stake in our war against Islamofascism. This is a war that could determine the fate of Jeffersonian democracy and free societies around the world. We are only allowed to have debates on abortion and gay rights because of the freedoms that define Western Civilization.


So far, only Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson (who's not officially running yet) have demonstrated that uncompromising commitment to winning the war.

During last night's Republican presidential debate showed why I'm willing to overlook some of his other deficiencies and vote for him when the choice is to be made.

5 comments:

Nic said...

Anyone that states the Islamofascists hate America because of are freedoms are either ignorant or using scare tactics. This is the ultimate lie that the American public is being told. Read this and tell me if you disagree.

Scotty said...

I don't think that is the point of this post. You have brought up a side issue in my mind. What is being said that we have freedoms that would not be allowed under other laws of the land.

In the case of the article that you posted, it seems the theme is that the politics of America and the people America supports causes other to be mad at us.

Just as with anything, when you take sides, some people will not like you. That is their right to disagree and let us know they disagree.

But to kill people who are working or flying in a plane because you don't like what we do is where we need to draw a line. The idea of suicide attacks is foreign to us as we have a different value system.

Frankly, I like our value system where we choose not to hang gays, stone those who commit adultry, and bomb people we disagree with.

So the point of winning the war is valid.

Nic said...

The clip that was linked to showed Ron Paul expressing an opinion that was shot down by Rudy only to further the misconception that we are hated because of our freedoms. Rudy's just playing to the crowd, and I would disagree that his point was "well said."

Scotty said...

I typically don't look at headlines. They are usually misleading at best, in order to make someone read along.

The first statement is what I was going on "I will cast my vote next year...". To me that was more the point of this post. As far as the clip that was linked in, I did not go to that. I only ready what Michael wrote and what you wrote.

Once again, though, I think we are talking apples and oranges.

Michael said...

I will allow two prominent Islamists speak for themselves.
Mohammed: "I was ordered to fight all men until they say, 'There is no god but Allah.' "

Osama bin Laden: "Death is better than living on this Earth with the unbelievers among us."