Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, May 17, 2007

She Was Before It Before She Was Against It Before ....

I suppose that Hillary's pollster was a little slow in telling he what she stood for yesterday .

This is the sort of thing that occurs when one has no principles.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton voted Wednesday to advance legislation cutting off money for the Iraq war, then refused to pledge to support the measure if it came to a vote, then said she would.

At lunchtime, the New York senator and presidential candidate was asked repeatedly by reporters whether she favored the troop withdrawal legislation that had just come up for a procedural vote on the Senate floor.

Her answer: "I'm not going to speculate on what I'm going to be voting on in the future. I voted in favor of cloture to have a debate."

By supper time, she had a different answer.

"I support the underlying bill," she said. "That's what this vote on cloture was all about."

No comments: