Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Appeal for Courage

Speaking of petitions....

An Appeal for Redress petition is currently being circulated in the military. An Appeal For Redress is an authorized means for active duty military to submit a grievance to Congress. It can be signed by Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard military personnel. It is authorized by DoD Directive 1325.6 and DoD Directive 7050.6.

The wording of the Appeal is:
As an American currently serving my nation in uniform, I respectfully urge my political leaders in Congress to fully support our mission in Iraq and halt any calls for retreat. I also respectfully urge my political leaders to actively oppose media efforts which embolden my enemy
If you are active duty, reservist or National Guard, you can sign here. I would imagine contract ROTC cadets could sign as well.

No comments: