Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Westbound and Down

We just crossed the Mississippi, so technically we're in the West.

We blew through the Windy City earlier today, with a quick ascent to the top of the Sears Tower. A guy in the elevator from Southern California noticed my short sleeved t-shirt with no jacket (it was in the forties and very windy) and said I must be freezing. When I said no, he asked if I was from Alaska. I said no, but it felt like it this past winter. I'll have pictures later.

Some Cougar connections: Last night we passed through South Bend, IN, home of the College Football Hall of Fame into which Rueben Mayes was just inducted and earlier today we went through Beloit, WI, Kyle Weaver's hometown (I just saw Kyle in Dissmores a few days ago.)

No comments: