Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, May 01, 2008

SPORTS: WSU's Mayes to enter College Football Hall of Fame

PULLMAN – Rueben Mayes, a former record-setting All-America running back at Washington State, has been selected for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame, the National Football Foundation announced today.
The rest of the story is here.

Very exciting news for the Cougar Nation!

I'm ashamed to say that I never really appreciated Rueben Mayes' fame until I walked into an Applebee's restaurant in Laurel, MS and in their lobby was a framed poster of Rueben. I was so shocked to see it that I asked Russ, "Why do they have a poster of a guy from Pullman?" Needless to say, Russ looked at me like I was crazy.

2 comments:

Michael said...

There will not be a classier gentleman enshrined therein.

Unknown said...

Ditto. I know Rueben and his family. He's the ultimate role model for all college and pro athletes.