Politics from the Palouse to Puget Sound

Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's in The Daily News

Some stream of consciousness thoughts on articles in yesterday's Moscow-Pullman Daily News:

Savings on horizon for residents in Pullman
Woohoo. I am going to save $22.50 on my property taxes in 2006. Now I can afford a trip down to Clarkston and back to go to Coscto.

Total general fund revenues are expected to increase by 8% in 2006. Wal-Mart would easily double that.

Why is that good? Cash reserves are 13% below the budget. We are still $57,000 in the hole after taking out $700,000 from the cash reserves to balance the budget.
Conflicting visions for downtown Pullman
Is Judy "Nightmare on Main Street" Krueger running for Moscow City Council? It's hard to tell as much as she mentioned Moscow. How do shops, cafes, a food co-op, and a farmer's market solve our retail woes. Has it worked for Moscow? I hear them complaining about their tax revenue too. Why else would they have a franchise fee on the ballot?

I want us to emulate Moscow as well - BY HAVING A WAL-MART AND MORE RETAIL!!!

I told you the trolley bell would be clanging again.

"Long distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee"

Krueger: "I'm not suggesting the city pay for a trolley. It would have to be done through grants or outside funding." I see. A TROLLEY FAIRY!! What an absurd suggestion. Anyone knows that, in addition to being costly to construct, public transportation systems are costly to maintain.

Bill Paul: "But we have to find the person who's willing to take the risk. Those people are hard to find." Amen Bill. Why don't PARD and Judy Krueger get that?

Is it me or does it seem that there are three people running against Krueger? I'll be glad when Krueger goes back to investigating human rights full time, not investigating new ways for the city to go bankrupt.
Votes tabulated: WSU skilled trade workers to leave union
Congrats on getting out of that racket guys. The service supervisory staff ought to try again soon.

No comments: